Welcome to Sorenson's Deaf Interpreter Academy
DIA seeks to raise knowledge of and awareness about the potential for best practices in Deaf Interpreter teaming throughout North America.
Deaf Interpreter Academy programs
Deaf Interpreter Academy (DIA) offers professional-level training supporting interpreters learning and applying best practice Deaf-hearing interpreter teaming techniques. DIA aims to support Deaf interpreters at all levels in gaining unique skills and knowledges to provide top-level interpreting services. DIA also offers training for hearing interpreters in Deaf-hearing interpreter teaming techniques. DIA's resource library makes available information on the advantages and specifics of Deaf-hearing teaming as well as skill and knowledge development materials that can be used by interpreters, interpreter trainers, and community members.
DIA has many training and resource offerings:
Find the DIA program right for you!
- Do you work as Deaf Interpreter and desire to learn more about interpreter teaming?
- Are you considering to learn more about different skills and build knowledge about processing models, demands and control schema, working with hearing interpreter?
- Do you posses an innate understanding as role of Deaf Interpreter and working in Deaf and hearing community?
- Do you desire to learn and practice interpreting and work with hearing interpreter as team interpreting?
- You've completed the basic foundation training in Deaf interpreter and desire to learn more and continue practice on interpreter skills and building skills to work with hearing interpreter as teaming interpreting.
Deaf Interpreter Academy presents programs and resources to support your goal of working as a professional interpreter. Our trainings are offered at no cost. Please contact us at DIAcademy@sorenson.com if you have any questions.